Creating a Shopify store is the first step in building a successful e-commerce business. The challenge is building the right product line, finding the right software to support your work, and driving innovation.
The main reason small businesses fail in achieving their goals is that they do not align their strategies or don’t plan the strategy ahead of time.
The best Shopify stores have a lot in common – their software, the quality of their designs, and their commitment to the customer experience. However, the most important is their focus on successful operation and implementation.
As the e-commerce market becomes more crowded and competitive, new store owners must employ the right strategies to stand out and grow.
In this blog, you will learn how to get sales on Shopify.
But before that, let us learn what Marketing Tactics are and why your shopify store is not getting any sales.
What Are Marketing Tactics?
Marketing tactics are the specific steps a company takes to implement its marketing strategy. For example, placing advertisements in newspapers and television is a common marketing tactic.
Marketers can use a variety of marketing techniques. The best strategy for a particular company will depend on its product, market, and marketing budget. Marketing strategies and tactics must work together to achieve desired results.
Why is Your Shopify Store Getting Traffic but No Sales?
Some online stores may attract good traffic, but the sales are not very impressive.
There are a few reasons why your traffic is not converting properly:
- Trust issues: Consumers are smart enough to avoid scams and look for reasons to trust the brands they buy. You build trust by displaying customer reviews and other social signals and providing the right level of security. Implementing robust security measures can help prevent fraud on Shopify and ensure smooth sales transactions.
- It is not mobile friendly– More and more people are using mobile phones to make purchases. Don’t lose this important feature by optimizing your website for mobile.
- Product details and description- If you don’t try to explain the product details comprehensively and engagingly, customers have no reason to linger around.
- Improper Image- Just like your description, your images are the best marketing tool for the fantastic product you want to sell. Make sure you have high-quality images that follow best practices so your customers can better understand what you’re selling.
We shall now dive into how to get sales on Shopify.
How to Get Sales on Shopify?
1. Integrate Instagram
Instagram is one of the fastest-growing social media apps connecting consumers, influencers, and brands.
If you take compelling photos, use hashtags wisely, and post at the right time, you’re well on your way to building a large Instagram following of people who like your products. Engaging with your followers is key to maintaining your organic presence on Instagram.
You can run a contest or pay to play on Instagram. For eCommerce marketing, adding products to your Instagram posts and stories allows your followers to make direct purchases, which is key to increasing your online sales.
2. Create persuasive email marketing campaign
Once you’ve defined your lead strategy, you can create email marketing campaign promoting your brand and driving new sales.
To use this mailing list effectively, you must develop a strategy based on email segments and sequences. Your email marketing campaign should include-
- Audience– First-time customers, repeat customers, churners, cart abandoners, etc.
- Email workflow– transactional (like setting up orders and deliveries), promotional (big sales and special offers), and real-time marketing emails (abandoned carts, re-engagement, follow-up)
3. Welcome Popup notification
People visiting your website for the first time don’t intend to buy anything immediately. Still, a welcome popup makes your message more attractive and builds a relationship with your audience so they can make more sales after they leave your website.
Welcome Popups make the customers feel overwhelmed and may help increase your product sales.
4. Reduce cart abandonment
Every time someone abandons their cart without making a purchase, you lose money. Visitors add items to their carts but abandon Statista reports that they shop during checkout.
Some customers who have abandoned their carts should be reminded to complete their purchases.
An email recovery campaign that compels your visitors to return and complete their original purchases is a simple and effective business marketing idea to reduce the frequency of abandoned carts.
5. Send email newsletters
Many businesses use email newsletters to communicate with customers. They’re a great way to share the latest news about your brand, introduce new products, and offer exclusive benefits to subscribers.
You should send newsletters regularly. Always remember to include a clear CTA that guides subscribers to the purpose of your newsletter.
Don’t forget to share your contact list before sending your newsletter.
6. Use personalized push notifications
Push notifications are a great way to bring customers back to your site when they leave your store.
Push notifications are messages sent to user devices: phones, tablets, etc. These messages are displayed in the message center (on mobile devices).
Here are some things you can do with notifications:
- Remind customers to help fulfill their purchase orders- Providing a friendly reminder that links directly to your store can save you valuable sales.
- Send discount codes or special offers directly to your customers’ mobile devices. Not only will they feel valued and motivated to return, but they can immediately benefit from your sales.
7. Reward loyal customers
A cost-effective way to increase online sales is by focusing on customer retention.
One way to reward loyal customers and high spenders is through a customer loyalty program.
There are many ways your customers can benefit from a loyalty program. They give customers an extra incentive to buy and promote your brand with automatic reminders.
You choose how to reward customers, how often, and for what activities. Also, loyal customers are less likely to try and rip you off. No business likes dealing with eCommerce fraud. And yet, people spend all day long trying to get one over on businesses. Don’t let this happen to you. Reward the customers that reward you with sales.
Whether new to the market or an experienced seller, every merchant wants to know how to get sales on Shopify. Fortunately, there are a few tips and tricks you can implement right now to increase your Shopify sales. The right business automation tools and a little work can yield great results.
Implement the above-stated seven tips and see the difference.