A customer’s inbox is one of the marketer’s most important marketing options. Shopify stores should also take advantage of email marketing. Email newsletters can improve sales and increase brand awareness.
Shopify provides a built-in email marketing tool that allows you to send up to 2500 free emails per month and makes it easy to get started.
So, if you’ve put email marketing aside because you believe social media is more valuable, it’s time to rethink your decision.
This blog will teach you how to create an email newsletter for Shopify.
Why Should Shopify Owners Use Email Marketing?
An email has long been one of the best sales and marketing channels for e-commerce. According to Shopify’s research, it offers high ROI and outperforms other platforms.
Shopify research shows that email outperforms other marketing channels for making sales.
Once you have subscribers, you can contact them monthly, anytime. The option to contact subscribers allows you to build a relationship with these potential customers.
It is easy to build an email list with Shopify.
Even if visitors don’t buy anything, you can invite them to join your list for a discount with an email confirmation popup.
Email Newsletter Basics
Before creating your first Shopify newsletter, take a step back and understand the essentials of an email newsletter.
Two types of email newsletters are most commonly used by email marketing companies: ad and content-based. Let’s see how they differ before discussing how to create an email newsletter for Shopify.
- Promotional: These newsletters promote something that you want to sell. With many consumers saying that professional email marketing influences a purchase decision, it’s clear that a significant ROI can be achieved.
- Based on the content: Content newsletters are emails you send to engage your audience. With content-based emails, you can promote your latest blog post, teach them about a new product or service, offer an eBook, or invite them to a contest.
- Design: Another thing you want to consider is the design of your email newsletter. You want to make your email instantly recognizable. It is important to follow your brand’s guidelines for font, color theme, graphics, and voice.
How to create an email newsletter for Shopify?
To use Shopify email, you must have a Shopify online store and an online store sales channel. Select a paid subscription plan and define a payment service provider. Once this is done, you can do the following steps. Please note that if you are using the trial version, you will not be able to send emails to subscribers.
1. Create an email campaign
Getting started with Shopify email is easy. Step by step, you will:
- Open your Shopify dashboard and go to the Marketing tab
- Click on the Design campaign
- Creating a Shopify Email Newsletter campaign
From there, you need to open the Shopify email client. It offers a great bunch of email templates.
Shopify email templates make it easy to get started.
Take the time to research your options to choose a template that fits your brand and your goals.
Once you’ve chosen a template, you can edit it with a simple WYSIWYG editor and change the font, theme, copy, images, style, etc.
2. Select who should obtain the newsletter
You can also choose newsletter subscribers. You can do this by clicking on the “Recipient” field and selecting your audience for the section to which the newsletter will be sent.
You can quickly edit your Shopify email account with a user-friendly browser.
You can choose whether to send this email to new or returning customers. But Shopify Email also allows you to create advanced audiences based on language, day and date of becoming a customer, etc.
3. Change the email address of the sender
If you stick to the default settings, the Form Field will display the email address you used to sign up for Shopify. If you use a store email address, the From field will look like email@example.com, which is neither friendly nor interesting.
Confirm and attest your email address in Shopify Email as follows:
- Go to the Settings selection of Shopify’s admin page.
- Click on the General tab.
- Go to the “Store information” tab and click “Change email address”.
- You can then use your company’s domain name to make it easier for subscribers to identify.
4. Send a review email
If it is your first Shopify email account, send yourself a test email.
After receiving the test email, check the following:
- Is your title showing up in your inbox?
- Is it readable on the phone screen?
- Does organizing your email make your email easier to read?
- Are the connections working properly?
- Is the call to action clear and visible?
Before you hit the send button, use a spell checker and grammar checker to ensure your email doesn’t contain the wrong characters or spaces.
5. Send a Shopify email newsletter
When you’re done, send your newsletter or schedule it to be sent on the day you specify. With Shopify, you can send up to five weekly email campaigns with just 40,000 subscribers.
After reading this post you may have understood how to create an email newsletter for Shopify. Moreover, email marketing is extremely important as your customers’ mailboxes help you grow your Shopify store organically, build relationships with your audience, and drive traffic to your website.
While Shopify Email isn’t as powerful as third-party email marketing apps, it makes it easy to get started with a newsletter at no cost, which is an advantage if you’re starting.
Focus on high-quality copy, professional design, and audience segmentation if you wish to make a big impact. Never stop measuring your campaign results to see which templates, articles, and CTAs give you the highest ROI.
1. Can you send newsletters from Shopify?
Absolutely! You can easily use Shopify email marketing for sending newsletters if you have its paid version. Shopify allows you to send 5 2,500 emails monthly as part of the paid plan.
2. Is it possible to build an email list with Shopify?
If you require an easy solution to help build an email list for your eCommerce business, look for Shopify’s email marketing solution. You can create, track, and send campaigns to increase your email list within your existing Shopify account.
3. Can Shopify send automated emails?
Yes! Shopify can send automated emails. Automations allow you to email your customers when a specific milestone or trigger has been met.