There has been always a debate between Email vs Push Notifications. Let us know which one your business needs.
You, being a marketer, must always be in a doubt that what can be the best way to communicate with your customers. How can you keep them engaged and convey them, the message about your brand? For years many marketers have been using a lot of digital platforms to get people to know about their brand from different platforms.
You keep them engaged and convey them, the message about your brand? For years many marketers have been using a lot of digital platforms to get people to know about their brand from different platforms.
Email and push notifications are both powerful ways by which you can deliver your message to your users.
It is not an easy task to grab the attention of your users. Both push notification and emails are a trendy medium of communicating. Where email is in the game for a long time, the push notifications have just begun. Push notifications have a higher rate of conversions but emails are still in the game and cannot be neglected.
Both have their pros and cons, all you have to decide and strategize, which works best for you.
In this article, we will learn about their strengths to keep up with your marketing.
Before beginning with Email vs Push Notifications let us know what both as an individual are.
What is Email Marketing?
Years ago, in the 1970s, the first email was sent; it was merely a cryptic message. Years later, after the email was born, a marketer reached a list of email addresses. And it started a trend of communication with the users through the medium of emails.
Read also: Difference Between Web Push and SMS
Email marketing is often called spam marketing. And why not, all we do is send bulk emails to the people until we grab their attention. And there is no denying that a beautifully crafted email with a strong message can leave a substantial impact on your users can get you a conversion.
What is Push Notifications Marketing?
Push notifications are a new medium for the marketers to keep their users engaged and are more effective than emails too. Push notifications are the best advertising strategy, in this world of internet and smartphones and can be done via phones or browsers. They use targeted information. Thus, conveys the message better and gets higher conversions.
People spend half of their day on the phones and what better time to send them the notifications as soon as they connect to the internet. Now you must be confused about what to opt for? Both the communicating mediums have their strengths. Now let us learn their differences so you can choose from one to imply to business.
Difference between two big communicating mediums:
Email vs Push Notifications
Imagine you are working on your phone, and suddenly you receive a notification which says, “50% off on all products.” Won’t this make you eager to know what products are in there? Many of you will click it to unveil the secret. On the other hand, you are getting a 100 words email which wants to convey you the same thing.
Many people ignore the emails which are sent to them. There are many reports made on the surveys conducted that often many emails go unopened as people have a misconception that email marketing is spam. Also, many people tend to unsubscribe to the emails they receive.
Length of Content matters
- Push Notifications: short and direct. Use targeted words for their audience. People tend to read short messages more than reading the long texts and a wordy paragraph.
- Emails: they are more than 60 words and are wordy. Emails are written in a proper format, which makes it long and with a lot of words. People often skip such emails which are meant for marketing.
- Push Notifications: many app users can get annoyed if you keep them sending notifications while they are working on the application. Don’t spam them with it; because once they turn the notifications off you will never be able to send them notifications again.
- Emails: people subscribe to emails, but the rate of unsubscribing it is less. Many people ignore the emails, can even direct it to the spam folder or can even delete them.
- Push Notifications: they stand higher on the platform when it comes to one-click subscription. Push notifications are sent while a person is online, and then there are higher chances of getting a subscription. There are no delivery issues.
- Emails: they don’t get many subscriptions as people ignore when they receive an email which seems spam to them. There are many formalities which are to be taken care of while sending an email and it has to deal with spam folders too.
Click- through Rate
- Push Notifications: they get more clicks, as bounce rate is almost zero and people get attracts to the short message. They click to what they like, so always maintain a targeted audience.
- Emails: there are very lower chances of getting people to make the click on the links mentioned in the emails. Many emails get bounced every day, and some are left unopened.
- Push notifications: according to many pieces of research, push notifications have a 12% optimization rate. It depends on many factors. The first being that it is short and has a clear message. It has a 100% view rate and is easy to read, so it doesn’t get neglected.
- Emails: they have only 1.9% optimization rate because people don’t often view it, it’s view rate if half the push notifications get. People sometimes don’t even care to open it as they consider marketing emails as spam. Many times they get bounced.
- Push Notifications:
Push notifications and emails might have many similarities, yet they work differently on different platforms.
You should know what works best for your business and by what you can attract more customers. If you have any doubt regarding marketing tools or campaigns, we are here to help you.