In today’s marketing environment, email remains one of the most powerful tools in a digital marketer’s tool belt. As technology has advanced, so too have the opportunities to create meaningful and engaging campaigns that drive customer loyalty and boost sales.
To help marketers stay motivated as they strive to take their email campaigns to new heights, here are 45 inspiring email marketing quotes from experts in the field of email marketing – designed to instill some inspiration in 2024.
Email Marketing Quotes You Should Know
- Email has an ability many channels don’t: creating valuable, personal touches — at scale. — David Newman
- Treat your subject line like the movie trailer – give a preview so they know what to expect. – Anonymous
- Make the customer the hero of your story. – Ann Handley
- Focus on growing your list all of the time as newer subscribers are more engaged adding to healthier open rates and ROI. – Karl Murray
- Don’t continue to do what you’ve always done just because it’s easy to do! – Ian Minnis
- Personalization – it is not about first/last name. It’s about relevant content. – Dan Jak
- Quality over quantity – Emails may be cost-efficient but it’s no excuse to not produce quality content to give to a targeted audience. – Benjamin Murray
- Signing up is a powerful signal of intent to buy. Send them email until they do. — Jordie van Rijn
- There is no formula for the perfect email — Authentic and honest messaging works. — Anonymous
- How to write a good email: 1. Write your email 2. Delete most of it 3. Send. — Dan Munz
- A small list that wants exactly what you’re offering is better than a bigger list that isn’t committed. — Ramsay Leimenstoll
- I want to do business with a company that treats emailing me as a privilege, not a transaction. — Andrea Mignolo
- To get the right message to the right person at the right time you first need to get the right data to the right database at the right time. — John Caldwell
- If Social Media is the cocktail party, then email marketing is the ‘meet up for coffee’. The original 1 to 1 channel. – Erik Harbison
- Email is a push channel, so we need to push it to work harder – Kath Pay
- List building is like flossing… you know it’s good for you, but you don’t always feel like doing it. — Nathalie Lussier
- Not enough talk about the importance of brand in email. Customers don’t sign up for email — they sign up for your brand. — Bob Frady
- A bad email reputation is like a hangover–hard to get rid of and it makes everything else hurt. — Chris Marriott
- Open, click and unsubscribe rates are pretty poor measures for email engagement. – Jordie van Rijn
- If you’re trying to persuade people to do something, or buy something, it seems to me you should use their language, the language they use every day, the language in which they think. – David Ogilvy
- When you start with what’s at stake for the buyer, you earn the right to their attention. — Jake Sorofman
- On average, 8 out of 10 people will read your headline copy, but only 2 out of 10 will read the rest. – Brian Clark
- Stop trying to be amazing and start being useful. – Jay Baer
- Every email is a customer survey of your target market, by testing they vote on what resonates best with them. – Kath Pay
- People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it. – Simon Sinek
- The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing. – Tom Fishburne
- Good Marketing makes the company look smart. Great Marketing makes the customer feel smart. – Joe Chernov
- Content builds relationships. Relationships build on trust. Trust drives revenue. – Andrew Davis
- It’s important to decide on what types of leads you want at the middle & bottom of your sales funnel. – Chris Knipper
- An email doesn’t have to be clicked upon (or counted as an open) to work and that in and of itself is powerful.
- People share, read and generally engage more with any type of content when it’s surfaced through friends and people they know and trust. — Malorie Lucich
- There are countless ways to build lists, but trust is what builds relationships. — Hunter Boyle
- Make the prospect a more informed buyer with content. – Robert Simon (Four Seasons Hotels)
- Where there is friction there is opportunity. Either you solve it for your customers today or a competitor will do it tomorrow — Bryan Eisenberg
- Unsubscribe rate is the #1 email marketing KPI: Kaput Performance Indicator. — Jordie van Rijn
- On the highway to user/product love, lifecycle emails are road signs providing timely guidance, not annoying billboards. — Samuel Hulick
- If you are not seeing the email channel as a money making machine, you have the wrong strategy — Hans Smellinckx
- When you have written your headline, you have spent eighty cents out of your dollar. — David Ogilvy
- The most successful call-to-action in the world is the letter X, make yours better. — Andrew Hanelly
- Email Acquisition is like cutting hair, must happen regularly, can be done well, but one bad experience can scar forever — David Baker
- Email marketing is the most powerful tool you can use to build relationships with customers and clients. – Forbes
- Email marketing is like a first date. If you’re too pushy, you won’t get a second one. – Neil Patel
- The best way to predict the future of email marketing is to embrace the present and the current innovations that are driving the trend. – MarTech Advisor
- Email marketing is the digital glue that holds everything together, yet it’s often forgotten about and left unmanaged. – Ryan Deiss
- Email is the one key communication type that is truly universal across all demographics, from teens to senior citizens. – OptinMonster
These are some of the inspiring email marketing quotes to motivate you today.
It is essential to stay motivated and inspired in order to stay ahead of the game when it comes to email marketing. From data-driven advice to thought-provoking stories, these 45 inspiring email marketing quotes can help you maintain your competitive edge in a quickly evolving market.
Keep these words of wisdom close as a reminder that even small changes can make a big difference in your email campaigns. With the right mindset, you can take full advantage of the constantly growing opportunities that email marketing provides. So dare to be remarkable, learn from mistakes, capitalize on successes and remember that success is a journey—not an outcome.
NotifyVisitors email marketing software can take your email campaign to the next level. To know more about our products, schedule a free demo.
1. Why is Email Marketing Important?
Email marketing is important because it allows businesses to reach out to their potential and existing customers directly in their inboxes. It is a cost-effective way to communicate with many people and can be customized to suit specific demographics.
2. What Are Some Benefits of Email Marketing?
Some benefits of email marketing include the ability to track and measure the effectiveness of campaigns, the ability to personalize and tailor messages, and the potential to drive sales and revenue.
3. What Are Some Best Practices for Email Marketing?
Some best practices for email marketing include building a targeted email list, creating attention-grabbing subject lines, using a clear and concise message, providing value to the recipient, and optimizing for mobile devices.