In-app survey questions are one of the most powerful tools that help you most when you start doing product research. The purpose behind is to learn directly from your customer and understand how their experience with your product has been like, what their challenges are, and what problems they seek to solve the more insights you have at your hands to develop an amazing product.
Remember, creating In-app survey questions involves creativity as you can not just randomly trigger messages and expect what you have to do next.
Therefore, it becomes imperative to consider everything from the user’s journey to the context of the question being asked.
In this post, we have compiled 30+ In-app survey questions that you can ask your users to make the most out of it.
Before we move ahead it’s important to understand the basics.
What are the benefits of In-App Survey Questions?
By sending out surveys may get you some results, but you’re still not targeting your users precisely then you are losing the opportunities.
By forwarding micro surveys in-app can get you and your team to a lot of information and useful insights about your customer base that includes
- Targeted user feedback
- Higher response rates
- Continuous product discovery
- A more active feedback loop
As a result, the feedback gathered becomes more actionable and helpful for product teams to work with, building a continuous product discovery process and optimizing the feedback loop.
It further depends on what kind of information you’re asking for and the purpose behind the survey. However, if you wish to understand the experience your users are having with your product, the most suitable place to reach them is there. If you want to understand why someone isn’t logging in, apparently this isn’t the right option for you.
The important part here is asking the right questions will allow your team to know where potential problems are.
Also, keep in mind that In-app survey questions are not the substitute for conversations, but they do prepare your team with enhanced awareness of how they might address a problem, and even how they might work in usability testing sessions.
Some of the Good In-App Survey Questions
Here we have divided In-app survey questions into several parts and look at them through different perspectives.
Customer In-App Survey Questions
You need to ask these questions at the beginning of the user journey (e.g. in the welcome screen) to extract information about your user’s persona, so you can customize their in-app experience to their role, goals, Job-To-Be-Done, and use case.
Welcome Screen In-app Survey Question
- What’s your role in your company?
- What ‘job’ are you chiefly ‘hiring’ our product to do for you?
- What will be the purpose behind purchasing this product?
- What do you wish to achieve with our app?
- Will you be utilizing this product alone or as a part of a team?
- Have you used a similar product before, is it the first time you’re utilizing X (e.g. an email marketing tool)?
- Are you moving from another tool? Which one?
Market Research In-App Survey Questions
- What price would you be ready to pay for our product? (multiple choice)
- How clearly do you discover our pricing? (scale)
- How would you rate the product’s worth for money? (scale)
- If the pricing were to change, would you be pleased to pay more? Why or why not?
Product/UX In-App Survey Questions
You need to ask these questions to extract general product feedback:
- Is there anything you think our product could do better?
- How happy are you with the performance/stability of our product? (scale)
- We are looking to solve [problem x] – how would solving this problem with our product be suitable for you?
- How would you rate our product? (scale)
- How does this design make you feel? (add multiple choices + text field)
- How simple was it to complete task x? (scale)
Ask these questions to extract feedback on particular feature/ product launches:
- How does this feature resolve your problem/help achieve your goals? Why or why not?
- Were you able to reach the coveted outcome with our product/feature? Why or why not?
Support In-App Survey Questions
- Did you notice what you were looking for?
- How happy were you with our service? (scale)
- How would you rate our service? (scale)
- What is your favored type of communication method? (choice-based)
Customer Success In-App Survey Questions
- How has your experience with our product been in the last x ( depend upon the customer date of purchase) months? (scale)
- If you had the choice to renew your contract would you? Why or why not?
- Since you bought it, what has been the biggest benefit you’ve seen?
- What are you going on this week, and how can we help make this a success?
Sales In-App Survey Questions
- What questions can we answer for you before you can make your purchase?
- Is there anything stopping you from buying at this point?
- What difficulty are you hoping to solve by adding our tool to your process?
- Are you thinking of any other options at this time?
Wrapping It up
In this post, we have seen 30+ In-app survey questions that you can ask to gather more information and make use of it. Consider asking these questions from your users to know more about their opinion, experience, and feedback.