Email Marketing Statistics: Renew Your Email Marketing Strategy
Email Marketing is the most primitive method to engage subscribers and customers. Are you aware of the fact that email marketing is nearly 40 years old? The first marketing email was sent by the marketer named Gary thurek. He sent a promotional email to around 400 people, which generated many leads.
Email marketing is continuing the trend, but the automation tools have supported the medium to a greater level due to technological advancements. It has given the medium a new dimension through effective results in terms of ROI.
In fact, last years’ pandemic has led marketers to adopt this medium to communicate with prospects and leads. That clearly defines the importance of Email Marketing till now. Read this blog to know how the latest trends and email marketing statistics can influence your business decisions.
Email Marketing Trends In 2021
Following the above thread, if we talk about last year’s pandemic crisis, email marketing has undergone a positive transformation, but that too for good. Consequently, email marketers started using many inspiring ways to catch the attention of prospects.
Now that we have entered the year 2021, specific key email marketing trends took a turn due to the covid crisis. Due to the crisis, certain companies shut down while many excelled out of the box.
Below are the trends that resulted due to the unfortunate situation :
- The technical providers and other companies will now focus more on segmentation, Personalization, and automation as they move closer towards one-on-one interaction with the customers.
- Many marketers will use advanced analytics, A.I., and machine learning to make improvements in their strategies. RFM and activity-based modeling are also some of the other techniques.
- On the other hand, cruises, airlines, and traditional retailers will focus more on customer efficiency. They will analyze more of customer behavior based on A/B testing analytics and other optimization techniques.
- More than 50 % of marketers will switch to customized email templates to save up their time and enhance the target audience. These marketers will also use less live content and use more time-intensive technologies such as AMP for Email, which induces more of the production cycles.
How To Plan Marketing Strategy Based On Marketing Trends:
What strategies will you take in 2021 are the results of past years’ trends. As we are still recovering and emerging from the 2020 pandemic, it’s essential to form strategies accordingly.
1. Artificial Intelligence:
It is a trending topic nowadays but it depends on your company size and requirements if it is a compulsory strategy for you. A.I. is already giving a lot of benefits to the companies who are using it and investing in it.
2. Customer Experience:
The everlasting impression your customers have about your brand means how customers look up to your brand and how it results in revenue growth.
Note: Apart from providing a seamless customer experience to your website visitors, it’s essential to treat your email users in the same way, so they feel valued.
Put the needs of the customers first and get their loyalty as a reward. Make their journeys seamless by removing all the barriers that are stopping them from purchasing your products. Place empathy in your messages and programs.
It is not a new concept which you are using in 2021 for email marketing. But authentic Personalization has been brought back to the spotlight.
Communicate with the customers on a more personal level with email marketing too.
Note: You can automate the personalized emails throughout the customer journey, such as welcome emails, cart abandon emails, and so on.
4. Plain Text-Emails:
The Pandemic has forced marketers to consider the use of time and resources. It has prompted them to use specific old methods back into use if they are giving you the right output.
Fortunately, plain text emails are a go-getter in times of crisis. It saved a lot of time, and the recipient feels that you reached up to them directly.
What Are The Email Marketing Statistics For The Year 2021:
As per the recent data released by the Marketing Platform LiveIntent, Email marketers have sent 30% more emails during the pandemic than the pre-pandemic scenario. Also, the engagement rates for the newsletter increased.
Below are some of the key email marketing statistics that can influence your marketing strategies:
1. Segmented campaigns
According to a study by campaign monitor in 2019, marketers who used segmented campaigns saw an increase in their revenues by more than 800%.
Email is the top distribution channel for both B2B and B2C marketers, and it is one of the most prolific methods to boost content marketing. Based on your email subscribers’ list, you can segment your subscribers and engage them with the content.
2. Newsletters to nurture leads
According to the content marketing institute, more than 30% of marketers consider newsletters the best way to nurture leads. E-newsletters are a great way to connect with your audience and promote your content. You can nurture the leads and create a customer base by moving the leads closer to the sales.
3. Social sharing of the content
As we stated above, with the popularity of email marketing, Marketers are using it to share business-related information and content with their colleagues.
More than 80% of marketing professionals use Email as a medium to share their content. Therefore, you cannot just reach one person, but your subscribers can forward the content to other members of their network and enhance the reach.
4. Emails influence purchasing decisions
More than 60% of the respondents believe that emails influence their purchasing decisions, says the survey of 2018. Email marketing opens the line of communication between marketers and consumers.it is a two-way communication medium that prompts the subscribers to visit the website and purchase their favorite products. (blogs and newsletters are an engaging way).
5. Personalization is effective yet complicated
While Personalization continues to be a hit trend amongst marketers, integrating data comes as a challenge. More than 50 % of marketers believe that Personalization is essential yet most difficult to establish.
As per a study of 2018, Personalization is used by marketers in the following ways :
- Promotional messages for the segmented audience increased by 80%
- Content recommendations for the segmented audience increased by 50%
- Personalized email messages increased by 49%.
6. Marketing appeal of personalized emails
More than 90% of U.S. consumers find Personalization as an appealing technique.
Below are some of the statistics which proves the statement :
- Birthday emails generate more than 400% of revenues as compared to promotional emails.
- Personalized email marketing messages generate an ROI of more than 150%.
- Personalized email subject lines generate more than 50% higher open rates than the standard subject lines.
7. Automated Email statistics
Email autoresponders are the triggered messages which are sent to the consumers based on their behavior. They prove to be quite effective in acquiring customers as well as turning them into loyal customers. By automating the journeys, email marketers can instill Personalization in their strategies.
Below are the statistics that prove the effectiveness of marketing automation :
- The click rates for automated emails are much higher than the broadcast emails. (around 120%)
- Automated emails give as high as 50% conversion rates when marketers connect through them with the customers.
- Welcome series receives more than 15 % of revenue as compared to the single mail.
8. Generating sales through Email
Email marketing is cost-effective marketing, and as per the survey of brilliance, the average conversion rates for emails would be around 2 % in 2021.
The best thing about email marketing is you do not have to pay for the impressions or clicks; you have to pay for the monthly subscriber’s list( according to the size of the subscribers’ list). Also, the sales are usually upselling and repetitive, which depicts more ROI for email marketing.
9. Animated GIFs generate more engagement
Emails are now no longer restricted to long paragraphs or simple text. Marketers are using all sorts of emojis in the subject line and content of the emails. Apart from emojis, they are using animated GIFs to catch more attention of the customers. Around 57 % of the marketers use GIfs in their marketing emails.
10. Designing an Email to get more attention
While creating an email, one shall focus more on designing and coding an email. These two things create the first impression on the users. Also, optimize the email copy to assure that you have followed all the right guidelines.
According to a study, larger organizations spend more than three hours on each aspect of email creation than the smaller ones.
The above email marketing trends and statistics show that the medium is adaptable to change, and you can integrate other tools to get effective results.
Consequently, you can meet the needs of the consumers in the ever-changing digital landscape. 2020 was an unpredictable year that prepared us for the future challenges we can face in the future. Also, with these trends, you can change your marketing strategies.