Are you in search of the latest SaaS statistics? We’ve got the solution for you. Software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies are everywhere now. More and more companies are moving to SaaS and incorporating them into their work. It is expected that SaaS companies are going to boom in the next couple of years.
What is SaaS?
Software as a Service (SaaS) is when software is given or licensed on a subscription basis to the users. It involves flexible payment options, better security, constant updates, better integration, etc., required for running and growing a business successfully.
In this blog, you shall find about 50+ Saas Industry trends, statistics, and facts for 2022.
General SaaS Statistics and Trends
- The Saas industry’s worth is approximately $172 Billion (Gartner)
- 1 out of 5 companies was unaffected by SaaS Spending during the pandemic (IDC). Around 30% of people spent more on SaaS during the pandemic due to increased remote work.
- 150+ SaaS applications are used by companies with more than 1000 employees (BetterCloud). Large organizations that have more than 1000 employees use around 170+SaaS applications.
- The cloud application market has seen unprecedented growth since the year 2013 (Apps Run the World). It is estimated that by 2024, the value of the cloud application market will approximately be around $170 billion.
- The leading Saas Provider in the market with a share of 17% is Microsoft. (CRN)
SaaS Pricing Statistics
Different Pricing Strategies may be employed by SaaS businesses to serve their customers.
- Around 30% of all SaaS companies offer additional functionality. (OpenView)
- Approximately 33% of medium and large SaaS companies offer additional services. (OpenView)
- About 30% of SaaS companies have offered price cuts. (OpenView)
- 40% of companies want to use new pricing models once all the businesses recover from the crisis. (OpenView)
- More than 50,000 SaaS vendors offer over 30% discount to their customers(ProfitWell)
- 50% of SaaS companies are still dependent on user-based pricing (Cobloom)
- 44% of SaaS companies are offering a free trial or demo (BlueTree)
- The most common trial period is 30 days. (Cobloom)
- Regarding SaaS companies, the United States is the leading country with almost 17000 SaaS companies operating. (The Latka Agency)
- SaaS Statistics say that Canada, the UK, the USA, and Germany also have around 1000 to 2000 SaaS Firms. (The Latka Agency)
- SaaS companies may double in the next 5 years in the UK, China, and Europe. SaaS brands are most popular in South America.
- Germany is expected to experience the largest growth in SaaS markets by 2025. (Statista)
- The SaaS industry in Latin America is expected to surpass a value of $5 billion in 2022.
- The leading SaaS Startup model is in Brazil. (Associação Brasileira de Startups)
- India’s SaaS industry has grown by almost 75% in the past 2 years. (NASSCOM)
- The UK SaaS industry may double by 2025. (Reply)
- SaaS industry value may increase by over 2 times by 2025. (Reply)
- It is estimated that Japan’s SaaS market value will exceed ¥1.5 billion in 2023. (Cisco)
- Over the past decade, China’s cloud market has grown in size year after year. (China Briefing)
SaaS Usage statistics
In this section, you will find various SaaS usage statistics that may give you a brief idea about why this industry is flourishing these days.
- The new software can be implemented in a record time of around 7 hours (PriceIntelligently). It has become very easy and time friendly to implement SaaS software. The new software can now be implemented in 7 hours which earlier took 57 hours.
- Around 73% of businesses plan to optimize their existing use of cloud (Flexera)
- The expenditure on SaaS per company has increased to 50%.(Blissfully)
- Around 93% of businesses have a multi-cloud strategy (Flexera).
- According to a survey, 47% of people anticipate growth in the next 12 months on public cloud spending (Flexera).
- Approximately 50% of enterprise software shall run only on the cloud by 2025.(Bessemer Venture Partners)
SaaS Category Statistics
- The market revenue of Zoom has increased by 5 times between 2018 and 2022. (Statista)
- Cloud security is considered the fastest-growing segment in the Information Technology (IT) security market. (Gartner)
- Visma generates almost 3 times more revenue than any B2B SaaS firm. (The Latka Agency)
SaaS Organization Statistics
- As of July 2022, Salesforce has employed over 73000 employees. (Macrotrends)
- The leading company in Public Market SaaS is Salesforce. (IDC)
- Over $15 billion was generated by Microsoft in the 2021 fiscal quarter. (Cloudwars. co)
- Adobe has generated a capital of over $170 billion. (Mike Sonders)
- Salesforce market capital exceeds $160 billion. (Mike Sonders)
- Oracle’s two-thirds revenue is generated from cloud services. (Oracle)
- With over 35% in three major African nations, Azure is the leading SaaS usage company. (F5 Network)
- Companies use around 80 applications for their operations. (BetterCloud)
- 73% of businesses have estimated that nearly all their apps will be SaaS in the coming future. (BMC)
- Around 86% of organizations expect SaaS will meet at least 80% of their software needs after 2022 (BlueTree).
- Machine Learning and AI will have a bigger role in SaaS offerings. (TechCircle)
- It is expected that more Vertical SaaS firms will grow in the future across different sectors. (TechCircle)
- Product-led growth will gain dominance in various SaaS companies. (TechCircle)
- Low or No Code SaaS will grow across all sectors. (TechCircle)
- All SaaS firms providing API, Data, or Cloud integrations will grow in the future. (TechCircle)
- Spending on Pass is expected to rise to USD 71 billion. (Spochub)
Views on Saas
- It has been observed that SaaS is the most important technology in business success. (HarveyNash)
- The biggest SaaS-related security concern is Encryption. (Thales Group)
It is evident that SaaS firms are becoming extremely important in modern business, and it is believed that they are here to stay and grow.
It is clear from the SaaS Statistics that Cloud-based services are a new trend that proves to be very profitable for the business. Also, SaaS companies have grown rapidly, and the pandemic has stimulated this growth. A lot more SaaS firms are expected to grow in the future.
It is a method that delivers software on a subscription basis. The data may be accessed from any device with a working internet connection and web browser. It involves flexible payment options, better security, and constant updates for successfully running a business.
Yes, it is possible to customize SaaS software according to your requirements. Buyers can customize the user interface to give the program a different feel and look. They may also be allowed to modify certain areas like data fields and alter the data that appears on the screen. Users can also create their workspace.
Usually, you are the owner of your SaaS data, i.e. your data is stored in a cloud-based system. The SLA, i.e. Service Level Agreement, always confirms your company’s ownership of data and your right to retrieve the data if required.