AMP stands for “Accelerated Mobile Pages”. Google AMP is an initiative designed by Google to build fast websites, especially for mobile devices.
Due to restriction on google amp pages, it’s not easy to integrate ads as compared to normal web pages. In this blog, we will discuss on how to integrate amp-ads, types of ads in amp and their limitations.
You will need to place the appropriate AMP ad code on the page. Here is the list of things you need to know:
- First, you need to know who is your ad providers, because your ad providers must be listed as a partner in the google AMP project. You can check ad providers list which is in partnership with Google amp project. Go to this link: https://www.ampproject.org/docs/reference/components/amp-ad
- After selecting your ad provider, you have to locate the sample ad unit and view the list of required and optional data-attributes.
- In general, all Google AMP ads require you to specify the width, height, layout, and type. For Example, for Google DoubleClick (DFP) a basic implementation might look like this:
- The type attribute is the ad network name. This attribute is required. Next is layout attribute which is required for some ad networks. Some additional parameters required by the ad providers are tagged as “data-” attribute.
- Many ad providers provide the entire AMP ad code snippet and you can just copy/paste that.
- You can place multiple ads on one page.
- Always use the Google AMP validator tool after placing the ad units to check the validity of the code.
- Sample Google AMP Ad Code.
Limitations for AMP ads
Related Post :